No, im not going to this island...
But i am going to the "Banana Island", what means to eat only bananas. And i am gonna do it for 14 days!
Why? Because it should be good if you wanna kick start your raw food diet. I havent been fully raw for a period of time now, being about 80%, but i want to increase my rawness :P Douglas Graham puts many raw newbies on a banana mono-eating for some period. They say our taste-buds change in every 10-14 days so it a good way to get over your cravings. Going to banana island will benefit your digestion as well and it will give it a rest. For example you dont have to worry about food combining. And it will make the start of your 100% raw journey so much more easier - you dont have to constantly think what to buy or what to eat because answer is always the same - bananas! :D
Of course you can have some varieties in your banana island. You can even create some recipes from bananas alone. Some examples:
- Banana smoothie - blended banana with water
- Banana porridge - bananas smashed with a fork gives this porridge-like texture
- Banana cereal - banana slices with blended bananas
- Banana ice cream - Frozen bananas blended in food processor
- Banana chips - dehydrates or sun-dried banana slices
- Banana milk - blended bananas with generous amount of water will have milky consistence
Or, if you want, you can add 1 more ingredient:
- Banana-date smoothie - banas blended with dates
- Green smoothie - bananas blended with greens
- Banana-berry smoothy - banas blended with blueberries for example
- Banana ice cream with carob - blended frozen bananas covered with carob mixture
- Banana sushi - bananas pieces rolled inside a sun-dried or dehydrates banana slices
- Banana wrap - banana wrapped in some green leafy vegetable like romaine or lettuce
- Banana celery bites - bananas on celery sticks
and so on and on...
I started with my banana island today and here is my banana box, nice and spotty...i will get another box today to let it ripen.
Right now its 14:49 pm and i have already eaten 20 big bananas, some celery and some blueberries in a smoothie, so its about 2500 cal.